Free aesthetic cleft surgeries surgeries for all poor Yemeni cleft lip and palate children at Yemeni hospitals(in workshops/camps only) Please contact the persons below for details of camps/workshops.
1. Gunaid Pvt hospital ,Hadda Sana'a Akram Al Gunaid 777370240
2. Yarim Govt Hospital contact: Wafa Abdalla office 04 501 600
3. Dhamar University Dr.Khalid Durai 735011228 (prep phase)
4 Baadan Govt Hospital Abdul Karim Hasan 777440039 (nationwide registrations)
5. Jibla Govt hospital Dr.Abdalla Al Matary 777166868
6. Seiyun Govt Hospital Dr. MohdAlawi Aidaroos777275055
7. Taiz Karama Pvt hospital - Dr.Abdul Moghini Abdalla ( security info needed)
8. Mukalla Ibn Sina Govt Hospital Dr.Yaser Bal Fakhy 711919739
9 Hadibo Govt hospital Socotra- Dr. Saad Qadoomi Hadibo hospital ( twice a year for all cases)
All cleft children from the troubled zones of Aden,Zinzibar,Rada,Taiz, Hodeida, Marib, Shabwa,
Abyan ,Saadah,UNHCR Somalian refugee cleft children, are treated for free at Baadan Govt Hospital,Ibb under General Director, Abdul Kareem Hasan Alfandi (mobile:777440039 )and team.
If I were a cleft child born in New York city,this is what I would probably have to face without health insurance-10,000 to 20,000 dollars.
many poor immigrants in the US have to face these bills
those who have insurance are lucky,others,not so..
Is it similar in other countries? In Germany ,the first bill parents of cleft babies pay is the 2000 Euro bill for the initial workup at the cleft clinic,and the bills increase as time goes by.
A Yemeni dentist friend who had a cleft lip and palate child,paid over 10,000 dollars for the treatment at Cleopatra hospital in Cairo, Egypt .He was in debt for several years.
In Yemen,private hospitals charge anything between 1000 to 3000 dollars for the lip and palate surgery,minus other costs.